I didn’t follow the advice of my ‘90s TLC-loving self. Joel and I usually stick to streams, ponds, and lakes that we’re used to, but we chased a waterfall—a big one. And dang, this waterfall is spectacular to look at. It’s like cutting a piece out of Hawaii and pasting it in the middle of Pennsylvania. I’m sure you’re all wondering, “Where is this magical place, Andrea?”
Okay, I’m not going to be stingy and withhold that information. Actually, my friend, Jenn, waved her magical wand and revealed this place to me. If you’re familiar with Clinton County in PA, you’ll know there’s a waterfall less than half a mile from the parking area called Rosecrans Falls. To say it’s stunning is an understatement.
After meeting with our model, Grace, and her mom, Nicole, who also is our dentist at Centre Dental Care, we knew we had to find a waterfall that measured up without driving three hours away and hiking in the woods for miles. Being that this is our first waterfall photoshoot, I’ll give you the pros and cons.
- WOW! – The stunning view alone is worth it.
- The Photos! – You will walk away with unique and beautiful photos. 🙂
- Visiting a Waterfall! – Just to hike out in nature and physically be able to see something like this is pretty awesome.
- Watch your step! – The terrain is a bit tricky.
- Cold – We were there in early May, and the water was COLD, cold.
- Rain – A few days of heavy rain before your shoot, like in our case, can bring the rapids!
Though it wasn’t the easiest spot to carry our equipment, the pros certainly outweighed the cons. And Grace, who is a beauty and sweetheart all around, was more than willing to suffer the cold waters and give it her all for the photos!
Now, let’s get to the photos! But before you scroll, a special thanks goes out to:
Model: Grace Novitsky – You are our water goddess! And your mom Nicole rocks too!
Hair & Makeup: Codi Lee Clark, owner of Beauty and the Blush LLC
Lighting/Post Production: Joel Knepper
Photographer: Andrea Knepper