A simpler option.
Thanks so much for checking out our mini sessions!
This page will provide you with all the information you need to decide whether a mini session is right for you. If you’re still unsure after reading through whether a mini or one of our signature sessions would be a better fit, please feel free to give us a call, we’re happy to help you figure it out.
So, what exactly is a mini session?
Glad you asked. As the name implies, it is a portrait session, just, well, mini 🙂 There are, of course, other key differences between a mini and one of our signature sessions, please read on below.
– Probably the most obvious difference, each mini session lasts up to 15 minutes and is photographed all at one spot/background.
Time & Location
– The location will be predetermined by us and you’ll sign up for an available time slot.
– While we will send you some great resources on wardrobe selection, since there is no pre-session consultation, the bulk of that will be up to you.
Number of Images
– Seems like a no brainer, but it is worth mentioning that with a shorter session, there will be less images to select from (between 15-20).
Ordering & Products
– Image viewing and ordering will be done online through a personal web gallery where you will have the option to select one of 3 digital image packages plus any add-ons.
– There is none! You only pay for the package you choose after you view your images!
Because of all of the key differences listed above, we are able to offer our amazing custom photography services at an incredible price. But spots are very limited, so contact us today.
We now offer TWO different types of mini sessions.
First, are our mini session events which are described above. These are held on specific days that we select, usually just a couple of times a year. We’ll let you know the date, you sign up using the link that we’ll post at the bottom of this page, and then as the day approaches we’ll send out the details about your time slot and the location.
Second, are our new any time studio minis. Read on for more info about them below.
Any Time Studio Minis
***After the great success we’ve had with our mini session events, we’ve decided to offer mini sessions at any time!!! Please see requirements below:
- Available during daytime only (before 3pm)
- In studio
- Up to 2 children, no family groups
- Babies must be comfortably sitting on their own
- Up to age 16 (no high school seniors)
Who is a mini session good for?
There really are a lot of reasons that a mini session might be a good fit for your family, as opposed to a signature session. Below are just a few of the possible scenarios.
- You’ve recently had family photos taken and just need a quick update.
- Your kids’ school photos just aren’t cutting it.
- You’ve got some challenging kids and are worried about investing in a full, signature session.
- You’ve never used J&A before and are looking to give us a shot!
- You’ve been warned that kids grow up fast but wow! let’s get some photos quick before they change again!!!
- You want the premium J&A quality but are looking for something simple.
- You’ve been hoping to work with J&A but a full signature session is just outside the budget right now.
For all of these reasons and more, we’ve created mini sessions as a great alternative for our clients. If you have any other questions, please let us know, otherwise, when we have an event upcoming we’ll post a link to signup to get you scheduled!
Mini Session Packages
As noted above, after your session we’ll post your 15-20 edited images to a web gallery for you. At that point you will have the opportunity to choose the package (from the list below) that best suits your needs, as well as add-on any of our professional quality prints or custom products.
Ordering is as simple as 1… 2… done!
1) Select how many images you want from your mini session. These images will be delivered to you electronically with print release.
2) Select any additional add-on prints you may want. This step is optional, as you may opt for only digital images. Any add-on prints must be ordered from the same images used in step 1.
We'd Love To Meet You
Come as you are
We're available by phone, email, DM, text, whatever suits your fancy. Give us a shout today and we can chat about your photography dreams. If we seem like a fit for you, we'd love to meet up at our studio for a chance to get to know you in person.